Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Testing is Now Over!

Today we did the Trial embryo transfer first, it went well and was fairly painless. Next we did the dye test or HSG which was much more uncomfortable. The x-rays showed that there was a void in the dye which our Dr said could potentially be caused by a cyst or polyp, which would have to be removed before we could continue treatment. To confirm he did additional test which showed everything was normal. Although we really panicked for a few moments, we were so relieved that everything is fine. They told us that the blood work I did last week was also normal.

Troy and I have both started an antibiotic regimen in preparation for the procedure, I am also now taking birth control pills to regulate my hormones.

We will find out on Thursday or Friday if we qualify for the shared-risk program. I will share this new when we get it. We go back on Monday for baseline testing and so I can learn how to give myself the hormone injections that will be necessary. We are scheduled to begin treatment on 3/21 and are very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment